Unapproved Minutes of Meeting
November 10, 2005

Present:     Scott Perry, Sue Wilson, Marijke Dollois, John Beaty, Parma Jewett, Sabra Massey.

Scott Perry called the Meeting to order at 6:34 PM.

Scott presented “This day in history….” and copies of photographs from the Jane’s descendants, Ruth Fox and Carolyn Erbst.

1.    Minutes – Upon Motion made by Sabra Massey, seconded by Sue Wilson the Minutes of the September 8, October 13 and October 31, 2005 meetings were unanimously approved as written.

2.    Treasurer’s Report – Sue Wilson reported as follows:
            Checking account     $   3,799.46
            Gordon Jewett CD    10,712.23
            Capital Improvement CD    2,020.79
                TOTAL LIQUID ASSETS:    $ 15,285.47  

            Lalia Pratt Hays CD    $   6,186.76
            Amy Booth Meyer CD    7,141.97
                TOTAL SCHOLARSHIP CD    $  13,328.73

            Line of Credit available    $  20,000.00
    Upon Motion made by Sabra Massey, seconded by John Beaty the Treasurer’s Report was unanimously approved as written.

3.    Membership Update – Marijke Dollois current membership is 178 with an income of $7,822.00

4.    Old Business –

    a)    Concerts – Steve Hays has agreed to organize next summer’s concert with assistance from Sabra Massey and John Beaty. Scott and Marijke met with him to discuss the format and guidelines – the MHS cannot afford to lose funds; the cost should be covered by ticket sales, grants and fundraising. Steve will prepare a budget to present to the Board. Marijke will contact Steve asking him to meet with Sabra and John as soon as possible.
    b)    Special projects/events
        1)    Community History Project – The students, with the help of Bill Killon and Sue Zenith-Collins shot scenes at a covered bridge. The shoot will be transferred to a DVD to allow the students to edit the shoot. Scott will check with Charles Henderson as to monies owed Bill Killon.
        2)    Covered Bridges Festival – no further information at this time.
        3)    Monthly program – no further information at this time.

c)    Pratt Hall –
    1)    Accident repairs – the repairs are mostly completed. The sign is back up but the light still has to be fixed.
    2)    Winterization – water has been turned off. Scott will contact Blouin to have the furnace cleaned.
    3)    Keys to the front door have been distributed to all board members. There is a combination lock on the doors leading to the basement.
    4)    Turning on the heat – this can be done by switching an identified breaker in the bathroom.
    5)    Other –
        a.    Portland Glass will come next week to replace the two windows in the entry way at a cost of $270.00.
        b.    Rocky will trim the branches of the pine tree that are hitting the building.
        c.    There are two stormwindows over two of the stained glass windows that are in poor shape with some window panes missing and/or broken. Portland Glass would be able to repair them at their shop at a labor cost of $50/hour, provided the wood is still in good enough shape. It was decided to remove the stormwindows next spring.
        d.    Outside entry light needs to be replaced. Parma has a fixture that used to belong to the Richford Franklin-Lamoille Bank that would be suitable.
        e.    Tower light – these need to be replaced in such a way they become more accessible for changing light bulbs.
        f.    Scott gave a grant application from the Vermont Historical Society to Sabra for her review; this application is for non-routine repairs and restoration of buildings on the National Historical Register. Pratt Hall would qualify. It was suggested to apply for a matching grant for the repairs of the stormwindows if we can meet the deadline of ???
    d)    Wireless Microphone - upon Motion made by Sue Wilson, seconded by Marijke Dollois and unanimously approved Scott was authorized to spend $224 for the purchase, which is $50 more than originally approved.
      e)    Carols & Candles – Sabra asked to have the date changed as Andrew will not be able to arrive home in time on December 18th. A tentative revised date was set for December 22nd at 5:30 PM. Parma offered to make a gingerbread house to be raffled off to the children only.
    f)    Progress on acquisition – Allan Kalsmith will forward the Real Estate Contract to Doug DeVries for his approval; he will then contact Jay and Scott for their signatures and a closing date will be set.

5.    New Business –
    a)    The December meeting will take place on Sunday, December 11th at 5:00 PM at the Dollois/Fichman residence. All spouses/partners are invited as well as former board members.
    b)    Parma proposed a possible project for next year - the Historical Society of Fairfax offers attractive Century Award plaques to homeowners with the year the house was built for houses more than a century old.    

6. There being no further business, the Meeting adjourned at 6:45 PM.

Respectfully submitted,
Marijke M. Dollois