Unapproved Minutes of Meeting
November 9, 2006


Board Members Present:    
    Scott Perry, Marijke Dollois, Bill McGroarty, Sue Wilson.
Scott Perry called the Meeting to order at 5:30 PM.
There being no quorum the following items were discussed only.

1.    Minutes of 09/14/06:
    No action taken.
2.    Treasurer’s Report:
    Sue reported as follows:
        Checking Account    $    606.04*
        Hays Scholarship CD    6,360.58
        Capital Improvement Acct.    1,048.33*
        Anonymous Donor CD    5,044.45*

            * Available liquid assets        $  6,698.82

        Principal balance line of credit    7,000.00
        Principal balance Heaton Mortgage    $27,408.89

            Total debt    $34,289.70
Sue received 3 more checks for the Covered Bridges Mailbox Project which are not reflected in the above numbers.

No action taken.
3.    Membership Update:

Marijke reported a current membership of 194 for total contributions received to-date of $9,067.
4.    Old Business –

A.    Ongoing Projects/Events:
    1)    Covered Bridges Mailboxes Project – no report.
    2)    Concerts Future – the possibility was discussed to have 2 classical concerts and one jazz concerts, with the dates closer together than was the case this year. Local performers should be promoted.
    3)    Speakers – no report.
    4)    Carols & Candles – Parma agreed to take care of the food. Marijke will contact Sabra Massey (to ask Andrew to lead the singing), Kathy McCloskey (dancers), Jackie Kaufman (Hanukkah story), Lynn Caforia(story). Scott will ask Lisa Perry to read a story.

    B.    Pratt Hall
    1)    Clock – the hour and minute hands on the front face need to be adjusted as they rub together. The other faces are now in working order.
    2)    Plexiglass – Scott received two quotes for the installation of plexiglass on one window. He will contact Portland Glass for the installation; their quote was the lowest at $600.
    3)    Entry light – Scott spray painted and fixed the light. It will be re-installed shortly.
    4)    Other repairs –
                Heaton house - the roof has been asphalted
                Pratt Hall – the floor in the entry way will need to be shored up as it is sagging.

C.    Change to Bylaws/Board and Officer Terms – no action.

D.    Archival Data Base –
    1)    Bill Branthoover informed Scott that he would like to resign as archivist.
    2)    Isaiah Patterson has been loading information in the computer.

E.    December meeting – December 15th at 6:00 PM at the Dollois/Fichman residence. Marijke will send invitation to all board members, past board members and special supporters (Gary Wetherbee, Joel and Kim Magnusson, André and Suzanne Gareau, Pat and Carol Farmer, Lois and Sonny Lumbra, Jay Heaton, Jake and Michelle Webster).
5.    New Business:

A.    Scott made some suggestions of persons to contact taken from the membership list.

B.    Fundraising chair –briefly discussed.

C.    Archivist – briefly discussed.

D.    Spring Auction – items from Heaton House and Donetta Hollis – May/June timeline; should not conflict with CBGC annual meeting.
    E.    Carols & Candles – see 4.4) above

    F.    VT History Expo – a theme will have to be determined before deciding to participate.

6.    Adjourn:  Meeting adjourned at 6:50 PM

Respectfully submitted,
Marijke Dollois