Unapproved Minutes of Meeting
Montgomery Public Safety Building
Wednesday, April 16, 2008 @ 5:30 PM


Board Members and Members Present:   Scott Perry, Sue Wilson, Marijke Dollois, Bill McGroarty, Sally Newton, Jo Anne Bennett

Scott Perry called the Meeting to order at 5:35 PM.

Recognition of visitors: Steve Hays

1.    Minutes of 03/19/08: Sue made a Motion, seconded by Sally to approve the Minutes of 03/19/08 with the following Amendments:
    a)  Parag. 4. Old Business C. – the correct spelling Jon Ramey.
    b)  Parag. 4. Old Business G. – line 4 – the correct date is August 23rd.
    The Motion was unanimously approved.

2.    Treasurer’s Report: Checking account is rebounding!
        Checking Account    $    3,324.39
        Lalia Pratt Hays Scholarship CD    6,774.73 @ 5.00%
        Capital Improvement CD    1,849.00 @ 4.75%
        Stained Glass Window fund CD    5,481.48 @ 5.00%

        Heaton House Mortgage     $ 24,123.17 @ 6.49% fixed ($210.15 per month)

Bill made a Motion, seconded by Sally to approve the Treasurer’s Report of 04/16/08. The Motion was unanimously approved.

3.    Membership Update:  Marijke reported the following membership activity since the mailing of March 31, 2008:
    75 memberships  - $3,395.00 to date
    14 members paid $100 or more
    4 new members

4.    Old Business –
A.    May 3rd at 9:00 AM – clean-up day inside and out – bring a friend!

B.    May 17th Elder’s Night – Jo Anne will be the MC. Sally will reserve the Town Hall for May 16th (set-up) and May 17th. Parma will provide refreshments; Marijke will provide membership information (sign-up cards, return envelopes).
    Agatha Blodgett is very enthusiastic and will be a great panel member. 

C.    May 26th Memorial Day Commemoration – Jon Ramey has not yet confirmed if he will be speaker. Scott will not be able to attend and asked Bill or Steve to take his place. Steve will confirm.
D.    June 20-22 History Expo – No further report

E.    June 27th Annual Meeting – no further report

F.    July 5, 19 and Aug. 17 concert dates. Steve reported that letters for sponsorship have been sent. He asked Marijke to e-mail him the list of previous sponsors. There was some confusion as to the amount asked and pledged by TD Banknorth (they confirmed sending a check for $250 even though Steve asked for $2,500). The Arts Council will support the series with $1,000; application now can only be done on-line. Applications for next year’s program will have to be submitted a year in advance by June 2008.
    Total cost of the series is $4,800 plus mileage and housing for a grand total of $6,200.
        Current estimates of revenue are:
                $1,000 – Arts Council
                $   750 – Eastman Foundation
                $   250 – TD Banknorth
                $2,500 – tickets
                $3,000 – Donations/Sponsorships

    Steve will sent letters of solicitation for sponsorship and donations early May. A letter will be sent early June to the membership to announce the concert program and availability of a subscription to the series.

    Scott has printed tickets and Elsie and Lutz will handle ticket sales as they have done in the past.
G.    August 22-24 Art Show/Member Appreciation Evening – the Committee (Noela, Parma and Marijke) met after the last monthly meeting to discuss artists, set-up and other pertinent matters. The Committee decided to try one more time to do the show for two days.

H.    Speakers – “Mark Twain” is not available. There is still no date for the Abenaki presentation. Sally will contact Charles Henderson again.
I.    Pratt Hall –
    a)     Scott will contact Brad Elliott to see if he can remove (and repair) the small window in the tower; this will help to pitch the old boards and other debris outside during clean-up.
    b)    The removal (and later replacement) of the front steps – Scott would like to confer with the architect to be sure how to proceed.

J.    Insurance coverage – No further report.

K.    Recording equipment – No further report.

L.    Scholarship – Marijke has mailed out applications to all Montgomery high school graduating students and guidance counselors at the respective schools. She will also contact Lois Lumbra to put an announcement in The Courier. Rita Kalsmith has once again agreed to head the committee. There will be either 2 scholarships of $300 each or one of $500.

M.    New Board Members - Candidates were discussed

5.    New Business:
A.    Archival Data base – Isaiah Patterson entered approx. 250 records; another 250 is still left to be done. It would be nice to have a picture with each item. Scott and Marijke are working on understanding the Microsoft Access program and how it can be manipulated.

B.    Move of the archives to Heaton House - Sue made a Motion, seconded by Jo Anne to remove or cap the chimneys at the Heaton House to prevent any further leakage. The Motion was unanimously approved. A discussion took place about selling some of the furniture that is currently at Pratt Hall.
6.    Adjourn:  Meeting adjourned at 7:00 PM

Respectfully submitted,
Marijke Dollois