Unapproved Minutes of Meeting
January 12, 2006

The MHS Board meeting was held January 12th, 2006, at the Public Safety Building, Montgomery Center.

Present: Scott Perry, Sue Wilson, Parma Jewett, Marijke Dollois, Heidi Lague, Bill McGroarty, John Beaty, and Sabra Massey.

At 5:30 Heidi, Marijke, Bill and Scott toured the former Heaton House now owned by the MHS.

The Board reconvened at the PSB Conference Room with Scott Perry calling the Meeting to order at 6:05.

Scott presented “This day in history….”

1.    Parma made a Motion, seconded by Heidi to accept the Minutes of  November and December 2005 as written.  The Motion was unanimously approved.

2.  Sue presented the Treasurer’s Report. 
Checking               $   303.65
CD Hays              $6,209.84
CD Capital Improvement      $2,028.33
Line of Credit Available    $20,000.00
Real Estate Mortgage        28,000 @6.49% payment $210.00/month
John moved and Bill seconded to accept the Treasurer’s Report as presented.  The motion passed

3.     Marijke reported we now have 180 members and need to gear up for our next membership drive.

4.  Old Business

    A.  Ongoing Projects/Events:

        1)  Community History Program  - Status unknown.  Scott will check with Beth.
        2)  Covered Bridges Mailboxes Project - Heidi has all the blank mailboxes.  Parma moved and John seconded to pay Ben Weed $550.00 as agreed for the 11 mail boxes.  The motion passed unanimously.  Heidi and Parma will work to put together a plan and timeline for decoration, display/exhibit and sale of the boxes.
        3)  Monthly Program - We will shoot for May or June for our first mini exhibit.  Heidi will work with Bill Branthoover to finalize.
        4)  Concerts - John reported they are shooting for four concerts a variety which will include a return of the barber shop chorus.
        5)  Speakers - nothing to report at this point
        6)  Memorial Day - Scott will work to schedule and arrange for a singer and speaker.
            7)  Annual Meeting - The date of June 10th at 5:30 was picked and the Board decided to do a Tapas party at Pratt Hall.  Sue agreed to start making arrangements.

    B.  Pratt Hall
        1)  Tree limbing - Scott will follow up on tree limbing.
        2)  Possible Grant - Sabra reported the grant she was evaluating would not be feasible this year.
5.  New Business: 

    A.  2006 Budget - Scott will develop a draft budget and present at a future meeting.
    B.  New Board members - Scott solicited names to contact to see if they would be willing to join the Board.

6.  Newsletter Prep - The January newsletter was prepared for mailing. 

7. Upon Motion made by Sue, seconded by Parma and unanimously approved the Board
    adjourned at 6:45 PM.

Respectfully submitted,
Scott Perry