The MHS Board meeting was held Thursday, August 11, 2005, at Pratt Hall, Montgomery Village.
Present: Scott Perry, Sue Wilson, Sabra Massey, Bill Branthoover, and Parma Jewett, guest Heidi Lague and Glen Bartolomeo
At 5:35 PM Scott Perry called the Meeting to order.
Scott presented “This day in history….”
Scott asked Parma Jewett to take minutes of the meeting since Marijke was unable to attend.
1. Minutes – Sue Wilson made a Motion, seconded by Sabra Massey to accept the Minutes of the July 14, 2005 meeting as written; the Motion was unanimously approved.
2. Treasurer’s Report – Sue Wilson reported as follows: checking account balance $1,852.19l Improvement and Jewett CD’s balance $12,673.85 scholarship CD’s balance $13,251.66 scholarship. Sue made the motion to move both CD’s to a difference account to receive a higher interest rate of interest at 2.25%. Parma Jewett made a Motion, seconded by Sabra Massey to accept the Treasurer’s report as written and to move the CD’s ,the Motion was unanimously approved.
3. Membership Update – Marijke Dollois could not be at the meeting so no membership report was given. However Scott reported that we do have several new members.
3. Old Business –
a) Concerts –Green Mountain Chorus concert was a great success and the board congratulated Sabra on her efforts. Rolf Anderson is interested in bringing a section of the Vermont Youth Orchestra to Montgomery; he would sponsor the concert.
b) Special projects/events
1) Community History Project – tentative video shoot dates have been set; no further information available at this time.
2) Art Show & Raffle – Heidi Lague who is chairman of the art show suggested that on Friday night before the art show we have a wine and cheese reception for MHS members and the artists. All the board members felt this was a great idea and it was decided to have the reception. Scott with Marijke’s help will send out invitation to members. Parma and Sue will take care of the refreshments. Heidi will be setting up Pratt Hall on Thursday at 6:00 PM and board members are encouraged to come and help. Sue will also look into the possibility of having some of Jerry Mayhew photos on display for the art show.
Covered Bridges Festival – Heidi Lague has a friend who might be interested in making the mailboxes. The board has asked her to contract him and see if he could make them.
c) Pratt Hall –
1) Accident repairs – Some repairs have been made at this time total of repairs unknown.
2) Steps – Charlie Fichman has repaired the steps and the cost is $1100.50.
d) More Board Members – Jeff Gonyaw of the Pond Store have expressed interest in joining the Board. At this time the board asked both of there guest Heidi and Glen if they would be interested in joining the board.
e) Display space – no action
f) Budget – no action
3. New Business –
Bill received a letter from the Clapp family with information concerning the portrait, which MHS has of Reverend Clapp.
Parma asked permission to buy two coolers for drinks and also two new fans. Sue Wilson made the Motion seconded by Sabra Massey, Motion was unanimously approved.
4. There being no further business, the Meeting adjourned at 6:45 PM.