THESE ARE THE UNOFFICIAL MINUTES UNTIL APPROVED BY THE BOARD.
Board Members Present:
Scott Perry, Marijke Dollois, Jo Anne Bennett, Bill Branthoover, Pat Farmer.
Scott Perry called the Meeting to order at 5:35 PM with a Vermont Quiz.
Recognition of visitors: None
1. Minutes of 07/19/07:
Pat made a Motion, seconded by Jo Anne to approve the Minutes as written with the following amendments; the Motion was unanimously approved.
Item 4E – the correct amounts for the auctions income are as follows: net proceed from the auction was $3,224.57, the annual meeting $105.42, and the auction food $64.49. The total week-end profit was $3,394.48.
Item 4H – “Hollis Family” was added to contributors of the Windows Patrons.
2. Treasurer’s Report:
Sue was absent due to bank robbery!
3. Membership Update:
Marijke reported that the paid membership as of August 9 is 205 members with total contributions received $9,884.00. This includes 17 new members. A reminder letter was sent out on July 13th and 24 renewals have been received since that date.
4. Old Business –
A. Ongoing Projects/Events:
1) Concerts – the last concert “Random Association” will be on August 11th. So far the series is not losing any money.
2) Speakers – no further report
3) Elder’s Night - the Elders Night is confirmed for Sept. 8th at 4 PM at the Town Hall. Henry Rowse has agreed to attend. Scott will contact Beth O’Brien to see if Grades 4-6 students would be available for videotaping the event.
4) Art Show – Heidi has received 8 responses to date. Parma will prepare the food for the art appreciation evening on Friday prior to the show’s opening of Aug. 25th.
B. Pratt Hall
The clock is still off in its timing.
The plaque designating Pratt Hall as being registered on the National Historic Register has been put up, thanks to the McGroarty’s.
Lexon is now on all the stained glass windows on the sides of the building.
There is no further report on the evaluation grant.
C. Archives – Bill B. followed up on the auction that was held in southern Vermont of items stored at the Baptist Church. Apparently the items were sold to someone in Westfield who then sold them at auction in Montpelier.
D. Stained Glass Windows Fund (SGWF) – no report
E. Plaques – The “James Pratt Family” will be added to the list of contributors to the SGWF and it was decided to change “Anonymous” to “Anonymous 2007” to differentiate from any future anionymous donations.
F. Painting Party – no report at this time.
G. Insurance – no report at this time.
5. New Business: None
6. Adjourn: Meeting adjourned at 6:40 PM