THESE ARE THE UNOFFICIAL MINUTES UNTIL APPROVED BY THE BOARD.
Board Members Present:
Scott Perry, Marijke Dollois, Pat Farmer, Parma Jewett, Bill McGroarty, Sally Newton.
Scott Perry called the Meeting to order at 5:40 PM.
1. Minutes of 11/09/06:
Sally made a Motion, seconded by Parma to approve the Minutes as written; the Motion was unanimously approved.
2. Treasurer’s Report:*
Due to Sue’s absence no report was presented.
3. Membership Update:
Marijke reported the first membership was received for 2007 and that Rolf Anderson rejoined in December 2006.
4. Old Business –
A. Ongoing Projects/Events:
1) Concerts – Scott reported the MHS made a profit of ±$1,000 on this summer’s series. He will ask Steve Hays to come to the next meeting to discuss future plans.
2) Speakers – no report.
B. Pratt Hall
1) Clock – The MHS continues a service program with Green Mountain Clock to keep the clock workings up-to-date and in good repair. The clock repairman determined at his last visit that the tower was leaning. It was decided to wait until later in the year for further investigation and possible repair.
2) Plexiglass/Lexon –The plexiglass has been replaced on one window. The replacement of all plexiglass on all windows should be a consideration for future maintenance.
3) Entry light – Scott re-installed the light more securely and it looks great.
4) Other repairs – Brad Elliott has been working on repairing the smaller problems: patching the foundation, repair gaps in the corner boards, molding around the front triangular window and shoring up the stage. The front entryway needs to be addressed in the future. He also checked the areas where the roof meets the ceiling as some dark sports were noticed. Apparently there are some “open” spots where rain and snow may have come in creating damp spots. This will have to be addressed at wamer times.
C. Heaton house - the roof has been asphalted and the chimney/stove pipe caulked. More work will be required.
D. Change to Bylaws/Board and Officer Terms – no action.
E. Archival Data Base – a demonstration will be given at the February meeting.
F. Fundraising Chair/Events – The Board voted unanimously to appoint the following members:
Sue Wilson – Chair of Fundraising, specifically the summer auction
Parma Jewett (with help from John Beaty) – Archivist
Bill McGroarty – Grants Coordinator
5. New Business:
A. New Board Members – Pat Farmer was welcomed aboard. Scott will approach some other MHS members to join the Board as more slots are open.
B. Fundraising chair – see “F” above.
C. Archivist – see “F” above.
D. Spring Auction – Annual Meeting will be held on Friday, June 22nd followed by the Auction on Saturday, June 23rd. Mark Waterhouse has agreed to run the auction if MHS provides recordkeeper, cashier, runners, etc. The next newsletter will ask members for donations of any good quality household items to the auction; no clothing.
E. VT History Expo – it was decided to solicit ideas/volunteers in the Newsletter and, failing a response, not to participate this year.
F. County Historical Society Meeting – Scott, Pat, Bill and Marijke will attend the Saturday, January 13th meeting at Sheldon Elementary School and report back at the next meeting.
G. Donation in Memory of Jim Pratt – Scott reported that to-date a total of $265 had been received.
H. James Ouellette – no report. He will be invited to a future meeting.
I. Board Meeting Night – it was decided to continue with the current schedule of the second Thursday of every month at 5:30 PM at the PSB.
J. Other – Parma asked to consider the installation of a showcase window in a public building such as Town Clerk’s office with items from the MHS collection. A brief discussion took place as to location and feasibility. This suggestion will be further discussed at the next meeting.
6. Adjourn: Meeting adjourned at 6:45 PM
* The following Treasurer’s Report was submitted subsequent to the January 11th Meeting:
Checking Account $ 1,002.63
Hays Scholarship CD 6,404.29
Capital Improvement Acct. 1,052.24
Anonymous Donor CD 5,063.43
Principal balance line of credit 7,000.00
Principal balance Heaton Mortgage $28,175.68